James Patterson is back at it again with NYPD Red 4. it seems just like yesterday that I was reading NYPD Red 3. I love this series. I love how Zach Jordan and Kylie MacDonald work together. There is some history between the two and I like how they both have stuff going on in their personal lives, but always have time for each other when they need help or solving a case. This is another great installment from James Patterson. He is my favorite author. This is a quick read. I got the book on a Wednesday and finished it on a Saturday. However if you have a lot going on it might take you longer. Now to be honest, if your interested in this book I would highly recommend the other 3 books in the series, to better understand the character development, 1-3 helps. I cant wait to see what Zach and Kylie do in the future of this series ( I hope there is a book 5) but I know whatever it is, it will be good. I highly recommend this book.
This is Perrier Water, And I love it. About a year ago I made a vow to myself that I would stop drinking Pop(Soda wherever you live). I failed and succeeded many times. The longest I went without pop was 10 months. and then I gave in and had a small glass of root beer. After that moment I was drinking pop every day or more then I should have. In November of that year I stepped on the scale and lets just say I was not happy. I made a promised to myself not to drink pop again. I wasn’t happy with how I looked and I knew pop was a major factor of that. I had tried Perrier water before and I thought it was gross. It’s an acquired taste. After a while I tried it again but in the can and for some reason it taste better …Same water but only difference it was in the can. It was like a light bulb went off. I was drinking the pop because of the fizz and foam that came with it. This is a great alternative 0 calories and I still get that fizz with it. Now I still slip on occasion, I’m not perfect but I’m taking it one day at a time. I just keep drinking this water (All in moderation). xoxo
This is by far the best commercial from the Super Bowl. I wasn’t even born yet when this came out, but I remember the first time I saw it and I still get chills when I see it. I know times have changed but I can see how that commercial is still relevant in todays world. Everyone was doing the same thing…Thinking the same, acting the same, looking the same and Apple came and did something different. The best tv ad ever produced
Apple’s iconic introduction to the Macintosh personal computer forever changed the nature of Super Bowl commercials. Directed by famed director Ridley Scott, the one-minute ad featured a drab, dystopian society modeled on George Orwell’s “1984.” A lone runner, chased by what can be presumed to be the Thought Police, approaches a telescreen filled with the face of a Big Brother-like figure droning on about the virtues of conformity. As the leader’s speech hits its crescendo, the runner hurls a sledgehammer right into the screen, causing it to erupt and shocking the crowd. Definitely a dramatic way to sell computers.
With the Super Bowl on Sunday…Instead of the standard pizza and chips (which is just as good)…Here are 3 DIY snacks tips that can take your party to the next level.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Footballs
3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1-2 tbsp water, if needed
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
16 oz chocolate candiquick
3 oz vanilla candiquick
1. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Mix in vanilla extract.
3. Add flour and mix until well combined. Dough will be thick. Add 1-2 tbsp of water, if needed to help the dough come together.
4. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
5. Shape balls of cookie dough about one tablespoon in size into footballs, then place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
6. Refrigerate balls for about 30 minutes, or until firm.
7. Melt chocolate candiquick in a bowl until smooth.
8. Using a toothpick (or the fork method mentioned above) dip the footballs into the melted chocolate, then tap to remove excess.
9. Place balls back onto parchment lined cookie sheet to harden.
10. Once the balls are dry, melt the vanilla candiquick.
11. Pipe the vanilla candiquick onto the footballs to create the strings. Allow to dry.
This yields 22-24
Pepperoni Roll-Ups Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 16 slices pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 2 pieces string cheese (1 ounce each), cut into quarters
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into eight triangles. Place eight pepperoni pieces on each. Place a piece of cheese on the short side of each triangle; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Roll up each, starting with the short side; pinch seams to seal. Sprinkle with garlic salt and remaining Italian seasoning.
- Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 appetizers
Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
1/2lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
½ cup hot sauce
2 tablespoons butter
2 ½ cups shredded cabbage and carrot mix
4 tablespoons blue cheese salad dressing
12 slider buns
Step 1: Place cabbage and carrot mix into a medium bowl. Add blue cheese salad dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
Step 2: In a medium sauce pan add butter and hot sauce. Cook over low heat until the butter has melted. Stir until well combined. Add shredded chicken and cook until heated through.
Step 3: Split the sliders buns in half and butter each half. Place face down in a fry pan over medium heat and cook until browned on the bottom. Pile buffalo chicken onto the bottom half of each slider bun, top with blue cheese slaw and place on the top half of the bun.
(Makes 6 Servings)
Have a great party and may the best team win
Im going to do an experiment… There are a couple of websites that you can get free stickers or free samples from. Who doesnt like free stuff?? Ill be contacting these places to see what I get… And posting my results on here…Stay tuned
So who wins Super Bowl 50? 🏈🏈