This amazing book is power-packed with inspiration, excitement, encouragement, and power for living a victorious life. With the life-lessons and great story-telling, ‘Shaken’ also has a powerful message for those of us within the young generation. Tim tells the us that our identity is not based on how others feel about us.
Our identity is not based on striving to fit into a certain group, but that we are unique, fearfully and wonderfully made, and destined for great accomplishments. There is an awesome statement that Tim says to us, “Live out the wonderful poem” of our lives. That observation really sends good vibrations throughout your very being.
In this book, you get to learn some things about Tim Tebow that will leave you in awe. I love the way he told us about the unique inspiration he got to write on his eye-black. That wonderful idea started an awareness that will live on for decades. Ninety-four million people googled to see exactly what Tim had written, and it was truly amazing.
Tim gives deeper insight into the story of King David. He sheds light on why David chose five smooth stones in his fight with the giant. When you get the book, you’ll find what that profound message is- because I can write non-stop about how eye-opening this book is. However, I need to come to a close before I tell about the entire wonderful reading experience! (And just like a movie you haven’t seen yet, you wouldn’t want me to tell the whole movie before you’ve had a chance to see it. Would you?)
Ok, just one more thing, Tim’s description of God’s Magnificent Love for us is mind-blowing!
Tim challenges you throughout the book:
– To rise above ‘normal’ and stand up for what you believe in.
– Don’t let criticism consume you or get you down. When things aren’t going your way, and critics are popping up everywhere, God and your closest friends can help you find strength and direction.
– While wanting to succeed and having passion are good, you MUST be sure they don’t become ‘everything’.
– The time to do something great is now. He quotes a favorite saying, “Oftentimes we don’t dream big enough and oftentimes we don’t start small enough. He says, “Don’t wait for something to happen or for someone to give you permission to do something right. Just do it.”
– Let your love for God and others shine greater than the highlights of your career.
– What will your ‘dash’ (the dash between your birthdate and death) stand for? Will you make a difference and do things that matter?
Once again I am humbled by Tim’s deep understanding and meaning of having God be the center of your life. Thank you Tim for reminding all of us of that, reminding us of his love, sharing the heartache of you and others and proving that there is always a sunny side to things even when it seems dark. God bless you.